Stay Connected
To subscribe our monthly newsletter, please enter your contact name and email address below:


Although much of Osler lighting equipment in the form of lamps, hanging lights and chandeliers was in use in Udaipur since Maharana Sajjan Singh’s first order in 1878, the custom-made furniture was not delivered until after his death in 1884. Thus he was unable to see the dazzling crystals himself. The ensuing two rulers, Maharana Fateh Singh and Maharana Bhupal Singh kept most of it in storage during their incumbencies. It was only in 1954 that Maharana Bhagwat Singh placed the crystal furniture in the Lake Palace before it became a hotel and later moved it to the Shiv Niwas Palace, then the royal guesthouse, before it too became a hotel in 1984. The present Maharana of Udaipur, Shriji Arvind Singh Mewar of Udaipur decided to display the crystal to the public in 1994 as museum pieces in its current setting.

Follow Us FacebookTwitterYou TubeFlickr
The City Palace Museum The Vintage & Classic Car Collection